Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 21 12 1:26 AM

Tags : :

Gday all

About a month ago , i finally received my Steinway 65/88 pianola.Ive attached some pictures for those who may be interested in taking a look.Its not in working condition of course , but is hand playable pending a tune.

It is a 1911 model "I" Steinway and has a double-valve action.

Dan

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Lower section

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

*1907: Orchestrelle Model V .
*1911 Steinway 65/88 Model I
*1912: Weber Pianola Grand. (currenty been
restored)
*1920: Weber Duo Art upright.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jan 21 12 9:50 PM

Thanks Paul , the case is fairly good , but can do with a good cleanup and polish.The key tops are replacements done by the previous owner about 2 years ago ,and are no longer ivory. The originals were all chipped and damaged so he had a set made and sent from some Germany.The lower section of the player action has already been done , i just have to get the Stack and the wind motor redone.

Dan

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 31 12 12:16 PM

Congratulations Dan - these are such lovely instruments and I'm glad to see something like going to you, a younger enthusiast, to treasure. The 65-note facility is a great thing to have for any serious collector as there is so much addiitonal interesting 65-note repertoire to explore.

sincerely

Adam

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 7 12 6:32 AM

Congratulations on this big purchase!
It looks in very good condition though!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Dec 7 12 8:46 PM

Thanks guys , its now 99% finished and sounds just great!.I just need to redo/check the primary relay as it has a leak somewhere and keeps the sustain opened.

Dan

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 31 13 5:54 AM

Hi aaron , yes all is going well now.Ive fixed the sustain issue and she pedals very easy.I still want another tuning done and some work on the piano action , but other then that she is now 102 years old and working fantastic.I have some clips on my you tube if your interested?
Regards Dan :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help