Remove this ad

Lead

May 13 07 10:44 AM

Tags : :

Hi,

Is there anyone around who would be able to scan an existing Duo Art test roll and maybe make a new one/ones?

I would like to get one for my Steck Duo Art but they seem pretty rare!

Andy

Member of PPG and BVWS

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 13 07 11:28 AM

G'day

I would like to 2nd what andy said! so if there is a recut , count me in as i know these things are done in limited numbers only and cost plays a bit part.

Daniel

*1907: Orchestrelle Model V .
*1911 Steinway 65/88 Model I
*1912: Weber Pianola Grand. (currenty been
restored)
*1920: Weber Duo Art upright.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 14 07 11:43 AM

Just thought of a caveat that I failed to mention in my earlier reply to this posting.

Test rolls generally contain a significant amount of printed information, without which they are of limited usefulness. Whilst Julian has the means of creating accurate copies in terms perforation, no one has the means to re-create the printed matter, as far as I know.

Regards,

Ian McLaughlin

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 18 07 5:23 PM

Duo Art Test Roll

Hi,

A new Duo Art test roll can be obtained from the company at the end of the following link -

http://www.balaams-ass.com/piano/player.htm

They also have an amazing range of pianola supplies, well worth checking out!

Andy

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Nov 23 07 2:40 AM

I'm working on a Duo-Art test roll right now!

I have scanned two different original British test rolls. However, I'm thinking of making something a bit more thorough because the old rolls were designed to adjust instruments that were in good condition and had recently been shipped from the factory. These days many instruments are in poor condition and have suffered substantial work / abuse! There are more things to test than on the original test rolls.

I've got no means at the moment of printing instructions on the roll, but it ought not be too difficult if an A3 printer with banner-printing capability can be found. It's nearly as convenient to put the instructions in a separate booklet - until you lose the booklet, of course.

The commonest DA test roll around in the QRS recut of American "Test roll number 3", which has all the printing on it.

Julian

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Nov 23 07 5:15 AM

The commonest DA test roll around in the QRS recut of American "Test roll number 3", which has all the printing on it.

I now have this roll , would it be of any help to know what was printed? , If so just PM me.

*1907: Orchestrelle Model V .
*1911 Steinway 65/88 Model I
*1912: Weber Pianola Grand. (currenty been
restored)
*1920: Weber Duo Art upright.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 23 07 1:38 PM

of course I'm interested in a good test roll too now...
(well ok, first got to do a bit of work on the thingy)

-- Phonola 73-note vorsetzer (in restoration) -- Steck pedal electric Duo-Art (in restoration too) -- Citro├źn Dyane (drives great, but needs restoration too)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help