Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 2 08 5:21 AM

Tags : :

G'day all

The previous owner of my Weber DA changed the tubing around on the repeat function.When in "Off" position the roll stops at the end and the motor turns off.

In "On" position the roll stops , rewinds then turns off the motor.

I have looked at the junction box below the switch and have 5 tubes leading out to other parts of the player.One tube i can trace to the take up spool and need not be touched (eliminated).

Next to the junction box are also 2 spare tubes not connected (I'm thinking that these, if connected within the junction box would activate the repeat feature?) .There is also a chance that these unconnected 2 tubes have nothing to do with the repeat as well?.

Can anyone give me some advice on what the tubing layout should be that i could follow.I have a tried a couple of types of combinations (including the 2 spare tubes) and it has made no difference.Also the junction box is a tight area to work with fingers as the tracker pneumatic and brackets are right below it.

If anyone can steer me along the right track i would be very grateful.
Also with my limited experience ,i would need step by step instructions to follow

Many thanks for any help Daniel

PS:Can take pictures of the area if needed to help.

*1907: Orchestrelle Model V .
*1911 Steinway 65/88 Model I
*1912: Weber Pianola Grand. (currenty been
restored)
*1920: Weber Duo Art upright.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 2 08 12:45 PM

Dan,

If you get the Duo Art service manual it will show you the tubing layout for the repeat feature.

I will dig my manual out and photograph the appropriate page and email it to you!

Keep pumping

Andy

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 2 08 8:59 PM

Thanks Andy!

The 2 diagrams i had here did'nt have that part of the tubing in the details.

Daniel

restored)

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 8 08 4:01 PM

Hi Dan,

did you get it fixed already?

The Motor-Off shouldn't be part of the repeat system, just turn off the pump when the motor-off hole in the trackerbar (on the right side next to the hammer rail hole) is opened (which happens when the roll comes totally of the take-up spool.) (more about this later in this message)

The rewind hole on the end of the roll should be directly tubed to the pneumatic which trows the gearing into reroll, nothing more nothing less.

then there's the hole in the take-up spool.

This hole connects to the repeat switch, which in turn tubes to the pneumatic which puts the action into play again....
so the switch can connect the 2 tubes together, or block them.

when connected the hole in the take-up spool is active and will switch when the hole is opened. when closed it doesn't switch and continues reroling untill the motor-off hole is opened.

In my DA the repeat switch has another connection to which the motor-off hole is also tubed.... this is done so the motor off-hole alone doesn't trigger the motor switch (to prevent damaged rolls to shut off the instrument)
both the motor off hole and the take-up spool hole need to be opened for the motor to shut off...

A bit complicated maybe, but I could make a drawing of it, at least this is how it's done in my English DA, the US instrument might be different.

-- Phonola 73-note vorsetzer (in restoration) -- Steck pedal electric Duo-Art (in restoration too) -- Citroën Dyane (drives great, but needs restoration too)

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 8 08 8:49 PM

Hi Niels

Thanks for helping me out with this , I'm awaiting a diagram showing the tubing layout from another poster on this forum.I'm very grateful with all the help I'm getting on here and by PM's/email , its great that people on this forum are sticking together to help each other out

restored)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Mar 4 08 2:11 PM

Hi dan,

how did you get on with this one? does it work already?

-- Phonola 73-note vorsetzer (in restoration) -- Steck pedal electric Duo-Art (in restoration too) -- Citroën Dyane (drives great, but needs restoration too)

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Mar 5 08 4:44 AM

Hi Niels

A fellow poster on these boards sent me a PM to indicate , he has the required diagrams and is making a copy for me.I haven't received as yet , but when i do , i will tackle the tubing to put back the correct way.

I will keep this post updated for those who may be following the outcome.

Regards Daniel

restored)

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Mar 15 08 7:19 AM

Ok i now a have diagram in hand (see below) but ive also encounted another problem.

The "repeat slide block" shows 4 outlets/tubes running to there required source , but my "repeat slide block" has 5 outlets/tubes coming from it .

I did a quick drawing (see below also) of what my slide block looks like if you were to view from the "top" with the cover off.I also have a tee join with one tube leading 2 , hence my 5th outlet.

I tried using the diagram as a guide with the 5 tubes with 5 nipples and even though I'm close , i still cant the correct function happening.

Ive lettered the 5 holes on my slide block and hope someone else here who has experienced this same set up could guide me as to what letter goes to what function?

Correct with if I'm wrong but with the correct set up i should be getting:

Repeat Off: Roll stops , rewinds then turns off.
Repeat On: Roll stops ,rewinds , replays ect.

Many thanks.............Daniel

restored)

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 17 09 11:16 AM

hi mate,
how is this going?

if it still doesn't work perhaps I could figure it out if you could tell the states of the ports A to E in each position

for example: in repeat-off postion: A connected to B, C blocked, D connected to E or something like that.

then do the same for the repeat-on postion

I could visit a friend sometime who also has an american weber DA upright (you know who i mean) and check it out there.... but I don't have time to go there anytime soon......

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help