Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Aug 25 12 1:01 PM

Recently restored has been a predecessor instrument to the Hupfeld Patent Piano Player. This is their mechanical player operated by card roll in a draw under the keybed and cranked (the same as the instrument shown above)

http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=ZoIYZt1FzqM

Have a look at the video and you can see how these instruments developed gradually over the years!

regards

Adam

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Aug 11 14 12:24 PM

assistance needed

Dear Members
It is with sadness I inform you that Rob has passed away.

We the company have been placed in charge of all the assets including this kessels pianola discussed within this forum.

I am seeking any contacts who are interested in this pianola and all other pianola items.

Please contact me direct at
Richard@ladygateremovals.co.uk

Regards
Richard
Ladygate Removals & Clearance

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Nov 26 14 12:32 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm pretty sure it's not Hupfeld, Kuhl & Klatt. It is a very early action of "Heilbrunn & Söhne -. Berlin, Keibelstr" I have found some advertisements and patents. In a patent (1906) pneumatics is mapped as a drawing (The valves are located between the Strikers - horizontal).
I own a Heilbrunn piano, Virtuola. It is the successor of these instruments. The music rolls are signed with H & S Schutzmarke (like your music rolls)
The crafts style of the wooden parts (very accurately made) can be seen in both instruments.

but:
My Virtuola Music roles to play 73 notes. It is quite possible there was an older scale. In MMD I read from an instrument with 60+ tones.

H & S is unfortunately almost forgotten brand. Virtuola pianos there are still some.
The very old instruments but are probably no longer be found. This piano is a surprise.

I was specially registered for the subject. I hope someone reads it. Then I'll post a few documents.

Uwe

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help